||Manager - Pharmacy Operations
||37.5 hours per week
|Number of Position(s)
|Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.|
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart.
Overseeing functions of pharmacy operations to ensure patient and staff safety, and medication integrity including the pharmacy information systems (Cerner), unit-dose drug distribution system, automated drug distribution systems, narcotics and controlle d drugs, the centralized intravenous additive (CIVA) program, cancer chemotherapy program, total parenteral nutrition program; Work toward achieving compliance with relevant standards for Pharmacy Compounding of hazardous and non-hazardous sterile prepa rations. Responsible for delegation procedures for unregulated staff and quality assurance in Pharmacy /medication processes to ensure patient safety. Collaborates with the Clinical Pharmacy Manager to optimize medication management to ensure high qualit y and patient safety. Responsible for the supervision of Pharmacy assistants and liaising with Nursing, the medical staff and other departments serviced by Pharmacy with regard to availability of medications and any other issues related to medication re lated policies and procedures.
- Bachelor or PharmD degree in Pharmacy
- Hospital residency preferred
- Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada certificate
- Ontario College of Pharmacists registration in good standing
- Minimum of 3 years recent relevant hospital experience in a management role preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of recent clinical experience in hospital pharmacy practice
- Experience or familiarity with the administration of Computerized Provider OrderE ntry, Barcoded Medication Verification, electronic MARS, Closed Loop medication administration is an asset
-Working knowledge or relevant experience with Cerner applications (Powerchart, Pharmnet, Procure etc) is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in intravenous admixture services and unit-dose drug distribution system required
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrated business acumen
- Project management experience (asset)
- Experience with RFP/RFI/RFQ (asset)
- Experience in modeling and suppor ting evidence-based and progressive professional pharmacy practice
- Demonstrated ability to develop a healthy workplace including fair and equitable work practices
- Sound knowledge of labor and employee relations.
- Excellent verbal and written comm unication skills.
- Demonstrated embodiment of MGH Core Values, excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of risk management and best practice related patient and staff safety and continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated superior problem-s olving, professional responsibility and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, plan and monitor the operating and capital equipment budget for areas of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of clinical/administrative computer softw are (Microsoft Office etc.), as required.
- Excellent work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety polici es and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
|The Advantages of Working at MGH
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Tuition Assistance
- Patient-focused Care
- Shared Governance
- Professional Practice Development
- Open Communication Practices
- New Graduate Opportunities