Joseph Brant Hospital is currently seeking Pharmacy Technicians.
As an integral member of the Pharmacy team the Pharmacy Technician will be accountable for many aspects of hospital related drug distribution. As all members of the Pharmacy team, the Pharmacy Technician will work towards providing excellent customer service and quality in a safe and timely manner. The duties will include all aspects of unit dose distribution, such as preparing sterile products (including chemotherapy drugs and total parental nutrition) using aseptic technique;, narcotic and controlled drug management, compounding/manufacturing medications, drug packaging; inventory control functions. They will also be involved in quality improvement initiatives, obtaining Best Possible Medication Histories (BPMH) as part of Medication Reconciliation, and transporting of drugs to patient care areas and other tasks as required.
- Completed a Pharmacy Technician Program at an accredited college.
- Current licensure by the Ontario College of Pharmacists as a Pharmacy Technician and in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal required.
- Experience with interviewing patients, interdisciplinary staff, family members and other care providers is an asset.
- Experience with Ontario MedsCheck Program or in completing BPMH and medication reconciliations in a hospital setting is an asset.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Minimum of one years’ experience in a hospital inpatient pharmacy
- Knowledge/practice - Keyboarding/computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Experience with Meditech Pharmacy Module and/or order entry is an asset.
- Experience using aseptic technique, drug dispensing systems and equipment, pharmaceutical compounding /packaging, pharmaceutical calculations, working knowledge of pharmaceutical and medical terminology.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to complete duties.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other; attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining this level of excellence.