At Pharmacare Pharmacy our focus is on the quality and safety of medications for our clients. This focus has gained us the reputation of being the leader in specialty pharmacy throughout Alberta. To uphold this reputation we pride ourselves in being a team of passionate individuals that believe in building strong relationships with our clients and maintaining quality assurance by using industry leading technology. We offer competitive benefits, encourage ongoing training and development and an atmosphere that inspires our employees to excel at assisting and caring for our clients.
The Clinical Pharmacist practitioner would be responsible for maintaining continuity of care for clientele through collaboration between onsite Doctors, Nurses and dispensary staff at long term care and supportive living sites. They will provide prescription adaptations, renewals and three month review (TMR) services. They will be responsible to be relief coverage for Pharmacists that are on vacation to ensure continuity of care and well as provide Pharmacist support at our Fulfillment Centre. This position is required to provide 24 hour emergency on call support in a cycle with other Clinical Pharmacists.
Education and Experience
- To create networks with physicians and specialists groups
- Ability to apply clinical knowledge and make sound decisions with minimum supervision.
- Follow policy and processes of the Clinical Program "Professional Services"
- To complete administrative and documentation requirements of the clinical services provided within 24 hours
- Maintain confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organization and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports the efforts of team members
- Acts in the best interest to generate customer outcomes through collaboration with physicians
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, other health practitioners, as well as patients and family members.
- Ability to be self-directed, to organize and prioritize workload and to complete tasks with accuracy, precision and dependability
- Other duties as asssigned
- Licensed Pharmacist in Alberta
- Strong preference for pharmacist with Additional Prescribing Authority
- Strong understanding of western medicine treatments and medication therapies
- Provide evidence of advancing processes for clinical assessment and documentation
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Authorization to Administer Drugs by Injection
- Retail/Community/Assisted Living/Methadone Pharmacy experience
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada's largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR's and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today?
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!