Notice of union position vacant - OPSEU 479
Regular Part-Time (0.5 FTE) Days
Location: Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
- Ability to coach, lead, and mentor
- Coordinate and collaborate with all pharmacy staff in drug distribution to ensure appropriate, accurate, timely, seamless and efficient flow of medication from procurement through to dispensing and subsequent administration
- Identify, prioritize and initiate and or collaborate in continuous quality improvement initiatives related to the Ontario College of Pharmacists Inspection Criteria for Hospital Pharmacy and Accreditation Canada, i.e. development, review of department processes and procedures in line with accepted standards and regulations.
- Participate in the achievement of goals as set out in the Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Uphold the Standards of Practice as set out in the Ontario College of Pharmacists, NAPRA and the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists.
- Engage in committee work and/or project work, policy development and/or review.
- Support activities related to medication management such as medication reconciliation, medication safety, medication reviews, Kardex, rounds, identification and resolution of drug related problems, involvement in decision-making on appropriate treatments, medication distribution, education etc.
- Collaborate with health care professionals, patient care units, and stakeholders to optimize patient care.
- Disseminate drug information.
- Initiate or collaborate in drug formulary maintenance reviews
- Flexibility in providing pharmaceutical care to all clinical program areas within the organization
- Position encompasses day shift services as well as rotational on-call service on evenings and weekends.
- Work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of the Royal.
- Ensure a work environment that is conducive to the Royal Respectful Workplace policy.
- Other assigned duties as designated by the Director of Pharmacy.