||HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
||GP Cancer Cen Clinical Pharm
|Posting Open Date:
|Posting Close Date:
||Grande Prairie Cancer Centre - At
|Temporary End Date:
|Hours Per Shift:
|Length of Shift Cycle:
|Shift Per Cycle:
|Rates of Pay:
||Minimum: 29.84 per hour Maximum: 37.38 per hour
|The Regional Cancer Centre is one of 4 regional cancer centers in Alberta providing comprehensive cancer care services. The Pharmacy at the regional cancer center is an integral component to the facility. Pharmacy Technicians, practicing within their full scope, perform all aspects of drug distribution to provide for the efficient daily operation of all departmental services and programs leading to safe and quality patient care.
Core duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Order entry, preparation, repackaging and final product checking of sterile (including hazardous products) and non-sterile products, individual patient prescriptions, and ward stock.
- Providing guidance to and assisting with the training and orientation of staff and students.
- Providing clinical support through obtaining information to facilitate medication reconciliation activities and clarifies discrepancies and/or collects and organizes information to support the provision of direct patient care.
- Building interactive relationships with all members of the healthcare team including communicating with nursing staff to clarify orders and requests, triaging drug information questions and distribution issues.
- Maintaining a high standard of performance through completion of internal validation programs that assess proficiency in identified tasks such as aseptic technique, computer order entry, and final product checking.
- Participating in special projects and programs as assigned.
- Maintaining department records, statistics and preparing reports as required.
|- Registered or provisional registration, with the Alberta College of Pharmacists as a pharmacy technician required.
- Prior hospital experience with a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to order entry, checking, sterile compounding, and all aspects of drug distribution such as ward stock, narcotics and individual prescriptions.
- Experience in all aspects of Oncology practice, including but not limited to receiving, IV order entry, setup, preparation, and medication distribution.
- 1 year+ oncology practice experience preferred.
- Experience with BDM computer program preferred.
- 6 months+ experience in retail pharmacy setting preferred.
- Membership with a pharmacy professional organization preferred.
- Membership in CAPhO preferred.
In addition, the successful incumbent will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in the following:
- Communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Computer or word processing skills.
- Commitment to continual personal quality improvement and lifelong learning.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).