Build your career at the hospital that's building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America's first fully digital hospital, on October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we're looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacist to join our Pharmacy Services team.
- Responsible for the provision of clinical pharmacy services for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes to improve the patients' quality of life.
- Other "drug use control" responsibilities, including review of physician's orders, creation and maintenance of computerized patient medication profiles, IV admixture, TPN, Pediatric and chemotherapy preparation, drug information, Drug Therapy Monitoring and adverse drug reaction reporting.
- Computer Provider Order Entry (CPOE) and verification of prescriptions in the MEDITECH system, clinical pharmacotherapy monitoring, checking of chemotherapy, and selective medications dispensing.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.Sc. in Pharmacy required. Pharm D an asset
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists required - Part A.
- Previous hospital experience in unit dose and/or IV additive preferred.
- Hospital residency program or equivalent an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize a consistent and varied workload.
- Ability to direct and teach staff.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills required, in order to facilitate effective communication withpatients, peers, other health care providers, and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prevent and resolve drug related problems.
- Good understanding of change management; must be able to identify change needs and proactively act on those needs.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/ resolution skills required.
Hours of work: Available to work rotating shifts (Monday to Friday, Weekends & Statutory Holidays)
These vacancies will be filled in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and Ontario Public Service Employee Union Local 590.
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.