5700 Keaton Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L5R 3G3 Canada
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Job Description - Pharmacy Assistant
MediSystem Pharmacy, a Shoppers Drug Mart Company, is an established specialty pharmacy that provides pharmaceutical dispensing and clinical pharmacy consulting services to long term care facilities across Canada. MediSystem services 40,000 residents in over 300 facilities and is proud to be 100% Canadian owned and operated.
MediSystem Pharmacy is committed to optimizing the health, wellness and safety of all residents that we service through the introduction of innovative technologies, continuing education, enhanced clinical services and seamless medication delivery.
Our company's CORE values reflect how we treat all residents, staff in the homes as well as our employees. We CARE about all Canadians, we believe in OWNERSHIP and accountability, RESPECT, and EXCELLENCE in the services we provide.
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work life balance.
· Fill a variety of prescriptions efficiently to maintain workflow
· Prepare compounds, mixtures and temperature control items
· Package blister pack medications
· Deliver completed product based on schedules
· Ensure appropriate follow up on minor issues
· Synchronization and collaboration with other departments
· Ensure organization of work station and inventory shelves
· Maintain appropriate supplies and materials
· Some involvement in prescription information management
· Recognize liability on the outcomes of service provided
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
· Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
· Detail oriented
· Ability to prioritize work assignments
· Ability to adapt to change
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment where high attention to detail and accuracy is essential
· Ability to work and maneuver quickly and consistently for extended periods of time
· Positive, cooperative, and team-oriented attitude
· High School Diploma
· Exposure to Hospital or Long Term Care Pharmacy
· Experience working in a retail pharmacy environment
· Pharmacy Technician Diploma from accredited college, but not required
This role requires employees to be flexible to work a variety of shifts during the business' hours of operations, which include occasional weekend shifts and statutory holidays
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You'll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.