PT Pharmacist for Timmins 16 hours/week and potential to support Kapuskasing as well.
The retail drugstore in Canada has evolved; it's no longer just about dispensing pills to patients. At Rexall, we're integrating the successes of our past with innovations for our future, with a goal of becoming Canada's complete healthy daily living destination for the health conscious family. With a long-standing reputation of respect and trust, Rexall's ability to deliver high-quality services and products is grounded in our core values and guiding principles. Our employees have established themselves as leaders in the field and it's easy to see why we've emerged as Canada's fastest-growing retail drugstore.
Rexall is proud to operate over 450 convenient locations in Central and Western Canada and more than 8,000 employees.
To assist the Pharmacy Manager in executing store level corporate and operational Rx policies and procedures in regards to budgets, store operations, loss prevention, prescription dispensing and the provision of patient focused services. Dedicated focus on customer needs in order to deliver quality customer service.
- Accurately and timely dispense all prescriptions.
- Accurately and timely claim submission and/or registration of all patient focused services performed.
- Consult with patients to maximize Rx and OTC sales.
- Perform patient focused services as deemed eligible and appropriate for the patients
- Administer injections/immunizations as requested in order to maximize patient care
- Report any dispensing errors (Medication Incident) found to the Pharmacy Manager or reported to the Pharmacy Manager and head office within 24 hours.
- Provide professional advice and applicable dialogue with patients on prescription and OTC products to provide excellent customer service and maximize customer loyalty.
- Implement proper pricing and receiving procedures to minimize shrinkage in such areas as damaged goods, returns, internal and external theft.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations
- Responsible for supervising ongoing follow-up and collection of third party receivables.
- Maintaining the dispensary inventory level within the prescribed guidelines through accurate perpetual inventory records.
- Supervising Pharmacy Technicians to ensure completion and/or accuracy of:
- Ordering replenishment merchandise
- Checking off all incoming pharmaceutical orders Ticketing current cost process and maintaining perpetual inventory on this merchandise
- The daily operation, security and upkeep of the dispensary computer, including daily and weekly data backup.
- Maintenance of complete and accurate documentation as required by the various Colleges of Pharmacy, drugs plans (both public & private) as well as all Rexall programs and SOP's
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd.
- Valid Provincial Pharmacy license.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong customer/patient satisfaction orientation
- Ability to achieve results with a strong sense of urgency and a "can-do" attitude
- Ability to maintain the optimum balance between the profession of pharmacy and business of pharmacy
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work productively as a member of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Ability to travel (within a designated region).
Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd. is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd. will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation he/she may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.