Position(s) Available: Casual X 2 positions
Current Shifts: Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Must be available to attend orientation and training for a minimum of (4) days per week for 2 to 3 weeks
- Must be available to work a minimum of (1) shift Monday to Friday and (1) weekend per month, along with the additional opportunity to work a consistent (2 or more) shifts per week and (1) weekend per month
The Pharmacy Department provides medication management services to the entire hospital including not only drug distribution but clinical pharmacy support. The progressive pharmacy department has a commitment to patient care, patient safety and continuous learning.
Pharmacy technicians are involved with the day to day operations of medication management in an effort to maintain excellence with all matters related to the drug distribution system at GGH. They receive medication orders, prepare, dispense, compound, purchase, receive, manage inventory and interact with a variety of health care providers. Pharmacy Technicians interact with patients and health care providers in their medication reconciliation role- interviewing patients and documenting Best Possible Medication Histories. Pharmacy Technicians are responsible for both the preparation and checking of unit dose, IV admixtures, including chemotherapy doses in accordance with Pharmacy Department procedures.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Previous hospital Pharmacy experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated understanding of medication safety and quality assurance
- Intermediate computer skills
- Knowledge of MEDITECH software, working with electronic documents and pharmacy automation (e.g. Pacmed, Omnicell) preferred
- Proven excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume with reference to Job # NU-17-033.