|| Corporate Stores
|| Loblaw Pharmacy
|| Pharmacy Assistant
|| Loblaws Great Food
|| Part time
|| 17 Leslie Street
|| M4M 3H9
|| Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service has priority over all other duties.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Consistently serve customers in a manner which leaves a positive impression.
- Influence customer buying decisions through efficient service such as providing product advise/consultation to customers, demonstrations, etc and suggestive selling.
- Stay current on new products, new trends, new techniques, etc.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain good personal appearance in compliance with Company standards, and demonstrate a pleasant, helpful manner.
- Exhibit product knowledge and familiarity with location of products throughout the store.
- Deal with vendors, customers and coworkers with honesty and integrity.
- Actively work on building strong long-term relationships with customers.
Health and Safety & Government Legislation/Company Policies and Procedures
- Work in a safe manner and report all accidents and hazardous conditions to the Department Manager or Designate immediately.
- Be compliant with all Government legislated requirements regulated by such governing bodies as the Ministry of Health, Regional Health Unit, Department of Consumer and Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Labour etc. or as required.
- Consistently follow Company policies/procedures.
Business - Store Operations
- Take customer's prescriptions and gather all necessary information, ensuring completeness of information.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles and drug information files in the computer.
- Re-package and label medications.
- Preparation of prescription labels, and affixing of prescription and auxiliary labels to chosen prescription container.
- Retrieving, counting, pouring, weighing, measuring and mixing medications.
- Re-constituting medications.
- Third party billing and bookkeeping, if required.
- Prepare specialty products.
- Price prescriptions, and prepare receipts, invoices, letters, memos and general filing.
- Generate long term care data (i.e. medication administration record, medication review).
- Communicate with customers, coworkers, supervisors, physicians and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Stock medications and related supplies.
- Maintain clean work area (i.e. shelves, selling floor area, clean counters, etc.).
- Rotation of stock, and monitor expiry dates.
- Identify expired products for disposal, destruction, or return to manufacturer.
- Ensure our customers right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Assist customers with product location and product knowledge (own department and throughout the store).
- Enter patient information, drug information and prescription information into the computer using designated codes.
- Receive orders; check and price all items against packaging slip.
- Run KROLL reports (daily, back-up and weekly reports), if required.
- Adhere to company pharmacy dress code policy.
- Approach change in a positive manner and communicate it positively.
- Remain up-to-date on in-store systems i.e. CAO, ELVIS, Telxon, Kronos, BDR, Westfair etc as applicable.
- Focus on continuous improvement processes and make recommendations for improvement.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
|| - Genuine interest in and concern for meeting customers' needs.
- Completion of a certified Pharmacy Technician program from an accredited institution would be an asset (not required).
- Experience in Kroll computer is a plus.
- Knowledge of drug names would be an asset.
- High level of professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Respect for the confidential and individual rights of our customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one and over the telephone with coworkers, supervisors, suppliers, physicians and customers.
- Computer literacy would be an asset.
- Minimum one year working experience as a pharmacy assistance
|| Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.